Monday, August 18, 2014

Childhood - Doordarshan

A distant but a long lasting memory - never wish to be forgotten..

We had a Onida Color TV, which was with us from my birth till my 3rd Yr of Engg (20 yrs).

They say Old is Gold - this Set had given only a few minor probs in those 20 long yrs.

As my parents and grand parents used to say.. I wont study if we get cable, we had a DD1 on our TV, till my SSC.

Entire of my school memories, lie with DD1.

Even though, occasionaly, during summers, I went to my relatives, where they had cable and got scared watching few serials like Aahat, Zee horrow show, lol.. the love for DD1 channels was beyond all.

They say we love where we live.. just like that.. it was we love what we see.. for me.

Still remember, the old songs played on DD1, still refreshens whenever, I listen to them... life was so simple and good those yrs..

Used to get excited on watching songs like "Mile Sur Mera Tumhara", "Vijaya Vishwa Tiranga Pyara", etc.

Watching stars run with a Olympic torch was like everything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukqIgpcKSO8


Used to excited  to go to school on seeing "School Chale Hum"

Such were the songs, that I feel we were very lucky to be kids in those yrs.. never ever have i seen such nice songs again in my life..

Watching Rangoli every Sunday morning was a treat, it was incomplete if there werent "Amul the Taste of India, Dhara Oil, Cadbury Dairy Milk Ads"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-x2wA6jQEB0


Aap Beeti was the most horror show, I felt, probaly coz I saw that the most..

Asking mummy to take me to home asap after school to watch Shaktimaan.. will never forget it.. Specially the Sorry Shaktimaan thing hahaha..

Junior G, Nandu Apna made Saturday lunch time cool n enjoying..

Test matches were shown in parts: 9.30-10.30  and 3.30-4.30, used to on the TV well 15min before that..

Excitement was enormous when ads of Sachin, sourav were displayed for oncoming Champions Trophy, WC, etc..

Watching Hero Honda ad between overs gave me goose bumps..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pvLwVBb0Ao






No comments:

Post a Comment